Fireworks Safety Tips
We celebrate America’s Independence on July 4th, the day when 13 American colonies became a single nation.
The day celebrated with barbecues, picnics, concerts, baseball games, parades and family reunions. The one staple is the fireworks! Whether you’re watching a local display or creating your a personal show.
Here are some Fireworks Safety Tips from your friend and neighbor, David Shiner.
- Check your local city or county websites for legal fireworks. Certain types of fireworks could be banned from use.
- Never try to make your own fireworks.
- Have a hose and buckets of water nearby.
- Read the instructions and warning labels, learn how to use the firework before lighting them.
- Adults should handle all fireworks and should keep them away from children. Never give fireworks to children.
- Be sure to be in an open area and do not point the fireworks towards people, pets, cars or homes.
- Do not pick up fireworks that have been lit.
- Wear safety glasses.
- Do not attempt to re-shoot a firework that does not immediately fire.
- Never carry fireworks in your pockets.
- Soak spent fireworks in water before throwing them in the trash.
- Do not consume alcohol before using fireworks.
- Light one firework at a time and then quickly move away.
- FAA regulations PROHIBIT the possession and transportation of fireworks in your checked baggage or carry-on luggage.
- Report illegal explosives, like M-80s and quarter sticks, to the local police or fire department.
- Don’t bring your pets to a fireworks display, even a small one.
- Keep your pet indoors before using fireworks.
- Never shoot fireworks near or at your pet.
- Make sure your pet has an identification tag, in case it runs off during a fireworks display.
- If outdoors, you pet may run away from from the fireworks. Be sure to have an ID tag to help them return home safely.
If you or someone you know was injured by a dud firework or by no-fault of their own, call Personal Injury and Accident Lawyer, David Shiner for a Free consultation at 561-777-7700.
BOCA RATON - Main Office
951 Yamato Rd STE 210
Boca Raton, FL 33431
1615 S Congress Ave. Suite 103
Delray Beach, FL 33445
6750 N Andrews Ave. #200
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
WEST PALM BEACH
2054 Vista Parkway #400
West Palm Beach, FL 33411
130 S Indian River Dr. STE 202
Fort Pierce, FL 33309
4851 Tamiami Trail N Suite 200
Naples, FL 34103
Phone: 1 (855) 462-6878